New Goldfish tank setup.

2 hours ago, Sun.singh1991 said:

Thank you! I had more lava rocks in there but the goldfish seem to prefer more swimming space. Eventually going to move them to a 55 gallon. 

You could add some floating plant like water lettuce Amazonian frogbit or duckweed you could attach some Java fern or anubis to the lava rock help keep stable water parameters as gold fish produces a lot of waste 

26 minutes ago, Colu said:

You could add some floating plant like water lettuce Amazonian frogbit or duckweed you could attach some Java fern or anubis to the lava rock help keep stable water parameters as gold fish produces a lot of waste 

I’ve never kept plants before but I’m going to go with the Java Fern

1 hour ago, Sun.singh1991 said:

Hey Colu, do you think I can attach some Java fern to a pleco cave?

Yes you can attach to pleco caves I use seachem flourish glue to attach the roots to rocks or caves

• Thanks 1

One time I kept goldfish in a bare bottom tank but I had quite a few plants in terra cotta pots.  They’re such poo factories it was easier to keep up with the maintenance if the bottom was free of gravel.  However, I did scatter some large gravel around so they’d have something to ‘suck’ on.  And if they did pull a plant out of its pot it was easy to replant.  It wasn’t a traditional look but I rather liked it.

I'm curious to see how this goes for you, I have an unused 29 gallon I kinda wanted to try goldfish in, but the internet is very mixed bag on it. I will be interested in seeing how long it takes them to grow to a size that upgrading is required. What is your water change schedule like so far?

1 hour ago, Gumbo99 said:

I'm curious to see how this goes for you, I have an unused 29 gallon I kinda wanted to try goldfish in, but the internet is very mixed bag on it. I will be interested in seeing how long it takes them to grow to a size that upgrading is required. What is your water change schedule like so far?

Honestly I’ve been doing a 20 % water change every other day right now until my nitrates go down some more. 

Edited by Sun.singh1991