Cory male or female?

1 hour ago, CorydorasEthan said:

Generally it is easier to identify from a top view or a bottom view, but I am leaning towards female on this one. It seems to be a bit bigger and wider, especially towards the abdomen, so I would say female. How long is is from head to tail?

I would say somewhere close to 2.5inches. Oh sorry didnt realise a top down view would be better, ill will uodate with a better picture tomorrow when the lights come back on 😁

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Learning Aquariuns said:

I would say somewhere close to 2.5inches. Oh sorry didnt realise a top down view would be better, ill will uodate with a better picture tomorrow when the lights come back on 😁

Yeah it's probably a female then. Females are always larger than males. Are there any other cories in the tank for comparison?

4 hours ago, Learning Aquariuns said:

Excuse the bloodworm, but can enyone help me identify if this is male or female? 

Many thanks

IMG_20210505_183643.jpg

Thank you for asking I was wondering the same thing. I have albinos Corydoras myself and the size variation were very surprising to me. Now I understand them better.

4 minutes ago, Sunshinebluemoon said:

Thank you for asking I was wondering the same thing. I have albinos Corydoras myself and the size variations were always very surprising to me. Now I understand them better. These are some of mine. I got a surprise while cleaning the tank today and found a baby. It never occurred to me that I had both Male and Female until today.

PXL_20210506_005236138.MP.jpg

PXL_20210506_020620073.MP.jpg