I would pick a few areas of the world that you like and focus on those areas so for example Asia I would do shrimp in the 5 gallon, a betta would in the 10 gallon I would do a hill stream in the 25 or the 35 with hill stream loaches rhinogobius and danios, the other tank I would do a nano schooling fish like rasbora and a few small loach like chain or zebra hovering loaches with a gourami As the show fish, in the 75 I would do a heavily planted rainbow tank with barbs and a mid size loach, and the 175 I would do a school of clown loaches with a large number of barbs like mascara barb or tiger or ruby it would be a very active tank. What area were you thinking of doing South America or Africa or North America. this is fun I can Do more if your interested 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerseychef said:

I think the aquascaping ideas all depend on what you intend to stock it with. I would suggest a scape that goes with what the species environment is.  For example if you had mbuna's lots of rocks to make caves for them to hide. 

I agree much easier to make things work using this path. 

5 hours ago, jerseychef said:

I think the aquascaping ideas all depend on what you intend to stock it with. I would suggest a scape that goes with what the species environment is.  For example if you had mbuna's lots of rocks to make caves for them to hide. 

I also agree with this. I mean, there is always a general layout to create depth (large things go in the back, small things in front for example), but knowing the livestock means you can cater your aquascape to them.

For the small tanks, I do think trying out something like an Ikebana style would be interesting and unique. You're limited with what you can stock in those tanks and this style of aquascaping caters to almost all the types of fish or inverts that can go in them.

Edited by Eclipse

I am sorry but I don't know much about each kind of aquascape regions but for what I do know, I like south America, Australian, Southeast Asia, and African river biotopes. I would prefer something with color but I do not want aggressive cichlids that wouldn't get along with most community fish. For the larger tanks I would definitely want more discus in at least one. Can anyone think of a smaller stingray that would fit in a 175 gallon? I have never tried them before but have always wanted to try. Thank you everyone for your ideas!