Color blind need help with PH strip

Not sure if you meant legit colorblind but my 8 year old son is color blind so I've been learning a little about it and the different color spectrums he can see better than others.... the API liquid ph. kit uses a different range of colors than the test strips in your picture. You may be able to pick up those colors a little better. 

That being said I'm not color blind and every time I test I'm always a little unsure of where to record it.  

2 minutes ago, PlaneFishGuy said:

Not sure if you meant legit colorblind but my 8 year old son is color blind so I've been learning a little about it and the different color spectrums he can see better than others.... the API liquid ph. kit uses a different range of colors than the test strips in your picture. You may be able to pick up those colors a little better. 

That being said I'm not color blind and every time I test I'm always a little unsure of where to record it.  

Yes sir, I’m legit colorblind lol. It’s worse because I’m a chemistry major. 

I vote higher, 7.6. I think because the test square is a bit pale compared to the color chart, the red tone looks like orange-ish. Geek girl 🤓 used Photoshop to make a graduated color scale between the 7.2-7.8 values. Then I adjusted the color saturation of the test strip and color chart to equalize the tones. The outlined box is filled in with the adjusted test strip color.

Our color-enabled viewers, what do you think?

test-strip.jpg.e2f7af5238452e9e6638f895b79c3c84.jpg

Edited by Anita

I would say 6.8-7.2. It’s sooo hard to read colors even for us who can see the usual spectrum! A lot depends on what lighting you’re in and how careful the company is printing their key. But feel free to ask here on the forum whenever you need help, and we’ll be sure to give you a range of answers to choose from. 😂

---Warning ranting content to follow---

Because there are many colorblind folks, and for all of the variable answers, this is why we need a consumer affordable system like the new API AquaSpin!  Enough with the guessing at colors.  We need numbers! 

---Rant over, you may safely return to your CARE forum experience---

• Like 1