Salt and/or malachite green ok for treating goldfish lice?

HenryC

Temp: 72F
Hardness: 350PPM GH
Alkalinity: 230PPM
pH: 7.6

So I adopted 6 little golfish that are in extreme bad shape. A 14 year old kid said he did not want them anymore in my local fish group, and nobody wanted them so I felt bad for the fish. Now I have 6 little guys.

Placed them in a quarantine 20long tank, and one day after putting them there, along with dosing pure malachite green, I see the tank CRAWLING with these guys:
Fish_louse.jpg.b7f708054bda84d75c2baeea4b7394ef.jpg

They're kind cool/fascinating, but sadly a pest. I'm guessing the malachite green made them detach from the goldfish? Anyways, I've been keeping the lights off because for some reason, when I turn them on, some of the goldfish start to dart around really bad, and one of them even seems to want to jump out of the tank (got a lid).

I dosed more malachite green today, since they also seem to have fin rot. Poor guys were in extreme bad shape, but luckily not a single one has passed.

What should I use for em? Med trio? How about salt, would salt be enough to completely eradicate these lice? Woudl it be better a highly concentrated salt bath, or dosing the aquarium itself?

Edited by HenryC