Signatures can help provide context for posts. The right words can go a long way to helping others understand your perspective, and hobby focus.

You can edit your signature in Account Settings/Signature, and create a nice minimal signature.

https://forum.aquariumcoop.com/settings/signature/

Effective hobby signatures should be short, and not distracting. Please do not promote your brand, channel, site, store, etc.

Try to avoid large images, long quotes, or memes. I personally prefer to just use text. Remember that many forum members check-in on their phones!

If you link to your forum journal, please embed the link.

The vertical bar character ( | ), also known as the pipe, can be useful to separate items, such as links to two different journals. It should be shift-backslash on most keyboards.

--

I will make up some signature examples:

Young betta keeper, learning about plants in small tanks

Old-school hobbyist returning after time-off with a 120 gallon Angelfish community

Veteran hobbyist building 16-tank fish room for breeding

Chasing every color of Neocaridina

Keeper of this, that, and the other thing, with a focus on a specific technique

All about ponds and outdoor life

Aspiring Nerm, ready to learn

• Like 11

Besides the stuff about promotion, those are just my suggestions from being involved in forums for many years. I have edited the text a bit. Your catfish is cute!

On a previous audio/music production forum, we would list our computer, OS and version, music software in use, audio plugins, hardware, and style. With technical questions, it eliminated the back and forth phase of figuring out what someone's basic setup was.

• Like 5