Hazards of the Hobby - The obsession is real.

PlaneFishGuy

Today on my commute home I out of the corner of my eye I spotted the corner of a 30 or 40 gallon storage tote barely sticking out of the brush on the side of the road - my brain immediately thought "FREE SUMMER TUB" 

After 2 u-turns on a 4 lane highway I pulled over in traffic to happily discover it was a heavy duty style and holding water....loaded it up....in true Alabama style I didn't even get one funny look from a passerby. 

I even had this sense of crazy urgency worried someone would beat me to it if I didnt get back to this barely visible tote in a matter of seconds....

All of this was not advisable behavior BTW 🙂 

Edited by PlaneFishGuy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

6 hours ago, PlaneFishGuy said:

Today on my commute home I out of the corner of my eye I spotted the corner of a 30 or 40 gallon storage tote barely sticking out of the brush on the side of the road - my brain immediately thought "FREE SUMMER TUB" 

After 2 u-turns on a 4 lane highway I pulled over in traffic to happily discover it was a heavy duty style and holding water....loaded it up....in true Alabama style I didn't even get one funny look from a passerby. 

I even had this sense of crazy urgency worried someone would beat me to it if I didnt get back to this barely visible tote in a matter of seconds....

Somebody be sweatin loss o' their moonshine tub!

• Haha 3

After I find a place to hide it from my wife lol I am going to trying my hand at growing clippings from my stem plants and Java Fern plantlets and a livebearer with some color. I want to set up a bigger tank in my house so I was thinking I could use it to get a jump start on some things to transfer in the winter. I need to keep it limited to whatever I can do with stuff on hand so my free tote stays relatively "free."  

The first thing I need to do is make sure it hasn't been contaminated with chemicals or shine as @Fish Folk mentioned 🙂. I will get it cleaned up this week and get some water soaking in it and see if  I can detect it leaching anything. 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, PlaneFishGuy said:

ORD 😆 Awesome find! 😍

"After 2 u-turns on a 4 lane highway..." That's what the 4WD is for! 😜

Edited by Anita
  • Haha 1