Just got my first dose!

CalmedByFish

Congrats!! I got mine a couple weeks ago (Pfizer) and it was honestly the quickest, least painful shot I've ever gotten. No symptoms other than a slightly sore arm, but we'll see how my second dose treats me.

My tips are to hydrate as much as possible the night before and the morning of, up to about an hour before the shot. I had good luck getting it in my dominant arm where the muscle is a little more developed, which may have helped reduce the pain and soreness. Then, move your arm around a lot afterwards.

It may have also helped that we pigged out afterwards at a Wendy's for the first time in...years actually... Our shots were around 12:30-12:45 so we were getting a little hangry by the time we were done with the observation period.

@KirstenThanks for the hydration reminder! I grabbed my water as soon as I saw it. I chugged last night and this morning, but then totally forgot to continue. Mine didn't feel like a shot. It felt like a Barbie doll punched my arm. Weird.

Off topic, but you'll probably be interested. I ordered 10 male "assorted" endlers to get some genetic diversity. They're currently in the mail. Of the endlers I ordered a couple months ago, only 1 male and 3 females are still alive, and the females don't look pregnant. So I thought I better take action to establish a colony before I end up with zero. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CalmedByFish said:

@KirstenThanks for the hydration reminder! I grabbed my water as soon as I saw it. I chugged last night and this morning, but then totally forgot to continue. Mine didn't feel like a shot. It felt like a Barbie doll punched my arm. Weird.

Off topic, but you'll probably be interested. I ordered 10 male "assorted" endlers to get some genetic diversity. They're currently in the mail. Of the endlers I ordered a couple months ago, only 1 male and 3 females are still alive, and the females don't look pregnant. So I thought I better take action to establish a colony before I end up with zero. 

That's so sad! Sorry to hear it. Fingers crossed for the new batch!

• Thanks 1

I had my second dose on Thursday (Pfizer), and hoo boy, it hit me like a truck. Was up all night with an 101.4 fever, aches and the worst headache. It continued throughout Friday and didn't really let up until Friday night. Saturday I felt better but was still a bit fatigued. Some people haven't had such a strong reaction to the last shot, but plan like you will. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, BIG GREEN said:

It wiil take an Army to hold me down to give me that shot......

im right there with you. a rushed through untested medicine. these things normally take years to develop and pass testing, and then they still sometimes have side affects pop up down the road. pushed on you from the same good folks who told millions that agent orange is harmless to people.

• Like 1