New Addition: L200 Green Phantom Pleco

So funny story, I decided I just had to have a pleco...so went to my lfs today and they had green phantom plecos.  I had never seen them in there before, so I went for it.  I'm floating the bag in the quarantine tank now! 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, SWilson said:

So funny story, I decided I just had to have a pleco...so went to my lfs today and they had green phantom plecos.  I had never seen them in there before, so I went for it.  I'm floating the bag in the quarantine tank now! 

That's a perfect LFS day in my book. The LFS I really like is about 30mins from my home, and  I had some RO water jugs sitting in my garage for months I needed to return. I had to cut my water with it after the Texas Freeze for a month. I happened to have the entire store all to myself. Knowing plant stock is low and their fish restocking wouldn't happen for another day or two I really just went to the tanks to admire the Biggins like Oscars and other species. On my way out my eye caught the phantom pleco and its the first time I've seen a green phantom in the store. Mostly these guys are gone the day they come in. So I asked how long he'd been here, and they said 9 days. ANNNND that's when I took another pleco home ha-ha. 

They are absolutely beautiful fish. I've not been able to get mine to really eat yet however, He spends his time eating on the glass and rocks, but I'm sure hell come around. He doesn't seem as timid during the daytime as my other plecos either (L191, L075, L270),  which is nice. The yellow squash I put in last-night is all gone, but my (L191 Royal), and (L270 Chocolate Zebra) also eat that so that could have been them. 

• Like 1

Thank you for all the info! This is really helpful, as this is the first time We’ve kept plecos!  I’m fighting the urge to try to feed him but I’m doing the ACO quarantine method bc my store does not qt at all.  Not gonna lie, I usually don’t buy fish from there, just supplies and drive further to get fish. 

with the two baby bristlenoses we got recently, I couldn’t get them to eat much either except off the walls/rocks. I tried smashing prepared repashy soilent green onto a rock and then refrigerating it over night so the repashy would solidify onto the rock. That...kinda worked. But the snails enjoyed it more than the plecos I think lol.  Same with the blanched zucchini I tried. 

The green phantom I got seems pretty timid too.  He tries to hide behind the hob filter inlet, unless the lights are off.  I hope to get some good pictures of him soon but for now keeping the lights off for him until he hopefully gets more settled in. I’m working on ordering him some caves for the tank he’ll eventually go in. 

he doesn’t have a name yet, except “pleasedontdie” bc he is the most expensive single fish I’ve bought so far  😅

btw I’d never heard of a L075 and looked it up...THAT is a cool looking fish! 

49 minutes ago, SWilson said:

Thank you for all the info! This is really helpful, as this is the first time We’ve kept plecos!  I’m fighting the urge to try to feed him but I’m doing the ACO quarantine method bc my store does not qt at all.  Not gonna lie, I usually don’t buy fish from there, just supplies and drive further to get fish. 

with the two baby bristlenoses we got recently, I couldn’t get them to eat much either except off the walls/rocks. I tried smashing prepared repashy soilent green onto a rock and then refrigerating it over night so the repashy would solidify onto the rock. That...kinda worked. But the snails enjoyed it more than the plecos I think lol.  Same with the blanched zucchini I tried. 

The green phantom I got seems pretty timid too.  He tries to hide behind the hob filter inlet, unless the lights are off.  I hope to get some good pictures of him soon but for now keeping the lights off for him until he hopefully gets more settled in. I’m working on ordering him some caves for the tank he’ll eventually go in. 

he doesn’t have a name yet, except “pleasedontdie” bc he is the most expensive single fish I’ve bought so far  😅

btw I’d never heard of a L075 and looked it up...THAT is a cool looking fish! 

Yeah the L75 is an absolute beauty. I'm actually going to make another batch of repashy morning wood and paste it on a coconut cave and see if that works. 

• Like 1