Are these German Blue ram eggs?

ND1990

Yesterday I impulsively bought 2 German Blue Rams from my mom and pop fish store. They looked healthy, this morning I noticed they had ick… yes I did the no no and put them in my community tank without quarantine. I then noticed a bunch of eggs, to confirm are these Ram eggs? I assume turn the temp up slowly to 86? I have paraguard also.

My other fish are Rasboras, Honeys, rainbow fish so I know it’s not them, duh. But still wanted to confirm.

I also was not ready for eggs, I do have a small container I can try to put them in and hatch them, but not sure what to feed the new born? I will do my research also, but wanted to ask straight from you good peeps! 

thanks! 

C6855E81-1B1C-4580-BE12-E6372332FEDB.jpeg

they are likely ram eggs - the other fishes you mentioned generally lay eggs by scattering them as they swim; the honey being gourami will do the bubble nest thing.

-

Were the rams guarding that spot when you netted them? If you want to hatch them you should put them in a warm container (keep around 82-84) and a drop of methane blue (if you don't have it then don't order it) and bubbler to help prevent fungus. After the new born hatch they will be wrigglers and can't swim for a couple of days - then they will start swimming but still have small egg sacks. After about 24 hours the egg sacks will be exhausted and they will be ready for feeding. When you feed them it is critical to remove any uneaten food with an eye dropper or turkey blaster to prevent decay and produciton of ammonia. They should be under fed not over fed but fed 4 to 6 times a day. What to feed them is tricky - live food is best the first week or two because the movement of the food is what trigger them to chase it - they are tiny so the newest hatched bbs might work but vinegar eels are a bit smaller. After a week or two they will be plenty big for eating bbs. Some people can get them to eat gold pearl ( a very fine grain food) or hiraki first bite. Remember don't let that uneaten food decay - it will kill them - remove it.

7 hours ago, anewbie said:

they are likely ram eggs - the other fishes you mentioned generally lay eggs by scattering them as they swim; the honey being gourami will do the bubble nest thing.

-

Were the rams guarding that spot when you netted them? If you want to hatch them you should put them in a warm container (keep around 82-84) and a drop of methane blue (if you don't have it then don't order it) and bubbler to help prevent fungus. After the new born hatch they will be wrigglers and can't swim for a couple of days - then they will start swimming but still have small egg sacks. After about 24 hours the egg sacks will be exhausted and they will be ready for feeding. When you feed them it is critical to remove any uneaten food with an eye dropper or turkey blaster to prevent decay and produciton of ammonia. They should be under fed not over fed but fed 4 to 6 times a day. What to feed them is tricky - live food is best the first week or two because the movement of the food is what trigger them to chase it - they are tiny so the newest hatched bbs might work but vinegar eels are a bit smaller. After a week or two they will be plenty big for eating bbs. Some people can get them to eat gold pearl ( a very fine grain food) or hiraki first bite. Remember don't let that uneaten food decay - it will kill them - remove it.

Appreciate the info, I have swapped them over to a smaller container with an airstone. I have melafix, can I add a few drops of that into the egg container? Read some people do that to help stop the fungus on the eggs? 

I'm not sure - i don't think you want to add melafix - just agitate the water with an airstone i think and you should expect some of the eggs to fungus - maybe try remove the worse of them with an eye dropper.