How to clean

I was wandering what the correct method to clean my freshwater master kit viles. Currently I have a bottle of water with a drop of aqua safe plus, that I use to clean my hands and the tube. If I am doing anything  wrong or should do anything different please advise, thank you.

-Don

That's a great question. I've always referred to what I did to clean glassware in chemistry courses. Lots of rinsing with water to reduce residues to the point where they would be inconsequential to the next experiment. Of course that was after dumping the bulk of a liquid into a hazardous waste container which we don't exactly have around the house. API has MSDS for the reactants if you have any specific concerns.

2 hours ago, Rosablueyellow said:

I was wandering what the correct method to clean my freshwater master kit viles. Currently I have a bottle of water with a drop of aqua safe plus, that I use to clean my hands and the tube. If I am doing anything  wrong or should do anything different please advise, thank you.

-Don

I usually just rinse a few times with tap water after using and let dry. We don't need much precision with our test kits, and can't be that precise anyway, so I don't believe a bit of contamination with tap water or dried water residue will noticeably affect your test results. I don't feel like I've noticed anything off in the results from doing it this way.