Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae "Micro Sword"

17 minutes ago, PlaneFishGuy said:

@Mmiller2001 I havent had any issues over the last two months - Ive dosed per the bottle and 2-3x the amounts during algae fights. 

Awesome, thank you. I need a replacement for dwarf sag. I had just a smidget of BBA and spot dosed. Apparently, I recreated a scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

• Haha 1

I should add that I've never spot dosed Excel on my micro sword so I cant vouch for that. For all I know they may go scorched earth like your dwarf sag.  

Mine have always looked really healthy but seem like slow growers. The growth has picked up some as the tank has started to settle in and they are more established. The first 6 weeks or so they looked great but just stayed the same; the last few weeks they have started to spread their footprint. I don't use CO2 so that is obviously a factor and its my first planted tank so I am still getting all the variables dialed in.

Id say they are my favorite plant in the tank and they have handled one rookie mistake after another better than the other 5 plant types I have in the tank. 

1 hour ago, PlaneFishGuy said:

I should add that I've never spot dosed Excel on my micro sword so I cant vouch for that. For all I know they may go scorched earth like your dwarf sag.  

Mine have always looked really healthy but seem like slow growers. The growth has picked up some as the tank has started to settle in and they are more established. The first 6 weeks or so they looked great but just stayed the same; the last few weeks they have started to spread their footprint. I don't use CO2 so that is obviously a factor and its my first planted tank so I am still getting all the variables dialed in.

Id say they are my favorite plant in the tank and they have handled one rookie mistake after another better than the other 5 plant types I have in the tank. 

Okay, good to know, thank you again!