Water Parameters

GUPPY92

Hey Guys

I am somewhat new to the hobby. Bred Guppies 10 Years ago but I moved so now I have different water. I have 2 water options 1# RO with pH of around 7.8 to 8.0 and 2# Hard Well water with pH 7.0, Calcium 200ppm, Magnesium 70ppm, Sulfate 438 ppm, TDS 845ppm, Hardness 45 gr/Gallon, Manganese .400ppm. My quiestion is what water options would you guys pick and what to add for good water for tropical fish. Like Guppies,Anglefish,Mollies,Swordtail,Corydoras,exc

Thanks

Hard Well Water.png

7 hours ago, GUPPY92 said:

Hey Guys

I am somewhat new to the hobby. Bred Guppies 10 Years ago but I moved so now I have different water. I have 2 water options 1# RO with pH of around 7.8 to 8.0 and 2# Hard Well water with pH 7.0, Calcium 200ppm, Magnesium 70ppm, Sulfate 438 ppm, TDS 845ppm, Hardness 45 gr/Gallon, Manganese .400ppm. My quiestion is what water options would you guys pick and what to add for good water for tropical fish. Like Guppies,Anglefish,Mollies,Swordtail,Corydoras,exc

Thanks

Hard Well Water.png

I’d mix them. Try 50/50 at first. 

Can I ask about the RO water with ph 7.8 - 8.0? Do you have an RO unit in your home and is this the ph of the water that is coming out of the unit?

I think most of the fish you mentioned should do fine in your well water parameters though.