Stocking question

Good morning! I have a 20 high community tank, well-planted, very stable, with 6 lambchop rasboras, 2 sunset honey gouramis, 1 reticulated hillstream loach, 10 green neon tetras, bunch of snails, 5? Cherry shrimp. I would like to add 10+ amanos and another 10 green neon tetras, maybe another 6 cherry shrimp. Would that be ok?

Thanks!

F0608EBB-2039-4115-BFC0-61161DF2BECA.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Harpsandfish said:

Good morning! I have a 20 high community tank, well-planted, very stable, with 6 lambchop rasboras, 2 sunset honey gouramis, 1 reticulated hillstream loach, 10 green neon tetras, bunch of snails, 5? Cherry shrimp. I would like to add 10+ amanos and another 10 green neon tetras, maybe another 6 cherry shrimp. Would that be ok?

Thanks!

F0608EBB-2039-4115-BFC0-61161DF2BECA.jpeg

@Harpsandfish First off, love the aquascape! Very natural looking. What filtration are you using? Depending on how much algae you have in the tank, the amanos and cherries may have enough algae to grace on. However, with the number of plants and biofilm in the aquarium, you could easily add those without worrying about bioload issues or filtration. I'm not sure 10 more green tetras would work or not (not experienced with them).

@Tyler LaZerteI have a HOB plus air stone. I don’t have tons of algae and my plan is to not feed for a few days after adding the Amanos so they’ll go after it, then I think they’ll be fine with what drops down from feeding the fish. I feed krill flakes, frozen daphnia, freeze dried bloodworms, bug bites, some algae wafers for the loach ( which the honey gouramis also love!) and freeze dried brine shrimp. 

• Love 1

@Harpsandfish You are very welcome! I am getting back into the hobby and starting at the same time haha. I haven't kept a fish since I was 8 or so and not knowing how to do anything besides plop a fish in the water. They all died pretty quick because I didn't know about water changes, dechlorinating, all that important stuff. Now, after about 2 years of extensive research, I took the step to buy an aquarium and begin the most addicting habit besides smoking 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1