Large pellet floating foods

Elser

My Fellow nerms,

I wanted to get peoples recommendations for a large pellet floating food That’s high-quality that I can feed to my juvenile blood parrots. What I’m trying to accomplish with the larger food pellet is having something that will keep my blood parrots and Molly’s occupied while I target feed blood worms and other foods to my black ghost knife in his cave. He is only about 4 inches now and doesn’t come out often. My blood parrots are a bunch of chungos that eat everything ravenously. I have one at about 3 inches and two more at 2.5 inches. Thanks for any advise! 

image.jpg

Edited by Elser

I'm personally a fan of Kens Fish foods, I know they make a variety of pellets and flakes. I'm currently feeding my BP their 3.5mm premium floating cichlid pellet, but I'm wanting to try the Xtreme aquatic foods that the coop sells, I imagine Cory has done a lot of testing if he is selling it and believes it to be a good product. 

@Duke Silver I feed the extreme krill flake and sinking waivers. Highly recommend them as well. I’ve tried using the flakes to distract the blood parents but they take them down super quick. I end up feeding them way too much just to target feed my black ghost knife 😆 

• Like 1

@Cory I have not tried that yet. It’s a very low light tank and I know exactly where his favorite Cave is so I drop blood worms in front of it and he spokes his head out to feed but my parrots always car has on. I will definitely do a feeding with the lights out and see that works.