cool water vs lake Tanganyika

Lemon

so I have a 75 gallon that is setup for a sump. would you get lake Tanganyika fish shell dwellers, Cyprichromis, brichardi(do they go well with shell dwellers?)  or cool water fish danios, loaches, 

I want to try breeding something for the first time, so I'm leaning towards shell dwellers to start and adding Cyprichromis later. but I also think a cool water tank would be very fun to watch. 

which one would you do. and if you can think of any can you list some pros and cons of both?

I’ll probably be in the minority here but I love room-temp tanks. A 75 full of shiners/barbs/danios and loaches with a nice current to play in would be really fun to watch. 

I love my 75 gallon with over 25 shiners, golden topminnows, bluespotted sunfish, 3 dojo loaches and panda garra. 

• Like 1

I personally would do the cool water community tank like @Nordlys Fish Room said. You have so many options for fish, and it would be a really active tank. Here's a list of possible inhabitants: danios, white clouds, rosy reds, shiners, rosy barbs, hillstream loaches, dojo loaches, peppered corydoras, and goldfish. I also heard that many freshwater plants we normally keep actually do better in unheated setups (granted there are no goldfish to eat the plants).

Well, a rainbow shiner tank with rainbow darters would be awesome. But so would a Tang community tank (I'm setting up a 55 with multies, paracyprichromis, and julies right now). Brichardi don't do well in a community tank, they tend to get real mean when they are breeding. Calvus, comps, or julie's work better in community tanks.

Edited by ererer
  • Like 1