my female betta has a lump

JimmyBlaize

There's two things it could be a tumor or an internal bacterial infection as it's come on suddenly it's probably a bacterial infection I would Qarantine and treat with maracyn and aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 the salt will help reduce fluid buildup

the problem there is i dont have a spare hospital tank or aquarium heater, i do however have a 10 gallon with a male betta, and a 5 gallon also with a male betta, i could maybe temporarily put one of them in a fish bowl for a few days, and use that tank as the hospital tank. but then i dont like to put my betta in bowls, so its a tricky decision. other option is going out and buying a cheap 10 gallon and using it for my hospital tank.

Edited by JimmyBlaize

54 minutes ago, JimmyBlaize said:

the problem there is i dont have a spare hospital tank or aquarium heater, i do however have a 10 gallon with a male betta, and a 5 gallon also with a male betta, i could maybe temporarily put one of them in a fish bowl for a few days, and use that tank as the hospital tank. but then i dont like to put my betta in bowls, so its a tricky decision. other option is going out and buying a cheap 10 gallon and using it for my hospital tank.

If you can't Qarantine at the moment I would just treat  with maracyn for now