Hey Guys. I hope everyone is holding up well.

I have seen my Harlequin Rasbora school doing the motions of breeding. However no one actually seems to be laying eggs. I don't know if this is because they are still to small or not. So I have decided to try a new Repashy food and get some weight on them. What would you suggest is the best one for this? Community Plus?

Any one use Repashy as a fry food? 

This is my office tank in front of my desk. I've got 8-10 white cloud fry in this 10 gallon tank with scuds that kick up infusoria and detritus worms. This is 1 week old fry and they're very small. This is my first time raising egg scatter fry 

PXL_20210501_155423474.jpg

On 4/30/2021 at 11:07 PM, Cory said:

Yeah if I was only buying one. I'd use community plus, it's good for everything and they love it.

I've used Morning Wood for my wood eaters and Community Plus for everything else and had exceptional success with both. I've tried Soilent Green and some community/soilent mix with mediocre results. (here I was trying to get a little more spirulina into the bosmani diet). However, they seemed disinterested with the blend and preferred just community blend without the mixture. My clown, dojos, and corydoras were not as finicky. 

Below is an image of my L191 Royal, and L075 Para 'Sarbjai' Plecos monchin on some morning wood. The only time they share a meal is with repashy. 

IMG_0595.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Its Hutch said:

Just ordered the community plus finally. Excited to try it out and see how my fish like it.

Every fish in my tank except the Royal pleco devours on the community+. Bosmani rainbow, dojo loach, clown loach, corydora, rainbow shark; they all love it. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 1:55 PM, swivvr said:

Did you feed them? How did it go?

Forgot to update after trying the Community+. It took a day for everything to realize that the Repashy was food but once they did it was consumed in minutes. My corys and skrimps really love it. I attempted to stick some to the glass for the rasboras but that didnt work. They will consume it if I can break it up small enough to sprinkle it in but once it hits the bottom they lose interest. I havent seen the Otos eat it but I am sure they do as well.

Does anyone have experience working with the ratios of powder and water to make a more buoyant gel or perhaps a stickier one to adhere to the glass?