Is Repashy a Good Fish Food?

Yanni

My bristlenoses love it.  I make larger batches then stick in silicone ice trays and freeze the correct portion size.  Stick them in the freezer still hot and you come up with a ice cube/jerky combo that last a long time in the tank without making a mess.  Once froze solid just stick in a plastic freezer bag and feed one at a time.

In my guppy tank they will come knock it along the bottom till it gets to a corner or under driftwood to keep the ravenous guppies away from it.  Its quite comical.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everyone in my tank loves soilent green, though the white clouds I have aren't great at going for it on the bottom (they tend to gobble small bits I stir into the water column sometimes) .  But, snails, shrimp and hillstream loaches are good at finding and eating it.  

• Like 1

Just got bn plecos last week, have been feeding them soilent green since that is what I had on hand (purchased about 3 months ago).  The snails, shrimp, endlers, and habrosus cories I keep also love it. 

For the plecos, once it cooled off and started to set, I smashed some of it it onto a rock from their tank and then refridgerated that overnight to let it set/stick to the rock - this is probably not necessary, I just did it b/c they were new and I didn't know if they'd take to it if I just put a hunk in the tank.  They seem to like it quite a bit.  I also just bought some repashy bottom scratcher and plan to mix it in with the soilent green to add some protein.  

I had a hard time choosing btw the bottom scratcher and the morning wood for the plecos, but since we use plenty of driftwood and cholla wood in our tanks, I went with the bottom scratcher since it will also be great for the other fish and inverts.   

• Like 1

My bn will go for it but the clown loaches devour the stuff. Not sure my otos care for it - my l204 also nip at it but the yoyo and clowns are the big eaters... well i have one tiny female bn who lives off the stuff. Amazed she laid eggs she is so small but whatever.

• Like 1