A long journey of just trying stuff.

29 gallon community tank before and after trimming. I even trimmed back my bolbitis which I hated to do but it was heading across the front of the tank.   

It usually takes a while for me to start liking the tank again after a trim but I like it a lot this time around. It also allowed me to float some of my wisteria trimmings which I always like doing. 

IMG_20210418_234259_1.jpg

IMG_20210427_201746.jpg

Tank inhabitants lost in the forest:  Several Apistogramma Cacatuoides(triple reds), Amano Shrimp, Celestial Pearl Danios, Blue Ramshorn Snails and Cherry Barbs. 

Plants: Water Wisteria, Ludwigia Repens, Bolbitis Heudelotii, Java Fern Windelov, Anubias Nana, Anubias Barteri. Struggling plants: Monte Carlo, Staurogyne Repens.

Edited by TheChosenOne
  • Like 12
  • Love 1

On 4/28/2021 at 12:55 AM, Patrick_G said:

I love the look of your tank. The Wisteria has a really nice form. The leaves on mine aren’t nearly as fine. I bet the Monte Carlo will like all the extra light!

I hope so, the monte carlo is the only plant I've struggled with since I got back in the hobby well that and S. repens. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

It's silly,but every time I think about trimming my Bolbitis I feel bad.  It took so long for this plant to really take off.  And I know some people are having trouble getting in their areas so I hate just throwing it away but it's genuinely starting to take over the left side of my tank. And I know it should be planted in the background because they can get massive but so can wisteria and it grows way faster. It was a toss up between wisteria blocking my view every week or so or let the bolbitis take a few years growing out to eventually do the same. 

Edited by TheChosenOne

13 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

It's silly,but every time I think about trimming my Bolbitis I feel bad.  It took so long for this plant to really take off.  And I know some people are having trouble getting in their areas so I hate just throwing it away but it's genuinely starting to take over the left side of my tank. And I know it should be planted in the background because they can get massive but so can wisteria and it grows way faster. It was a toss up between wisteria blocking my view every week or so or let the bolbitis take a few years growing out to eventually do the same. 

You could save the clippings in a bucket and sell them off on Ebay. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...