Help to Identify Baby Snails

d6veteran

Attached is a pic of two tiny (baby?) snails.  I currently have around 20 Nerites who are of course laying little white sesame seed looking eggs.

• Are these Nerites?  I assume not since they only hatch in brackish water.
  • If not, any ideas which type?  Perhaps introduced on a plant?

For scale, the substrate is sand.

image_50400257.JPG

10 hours ago, Colu said:

Ramshorn snail are great part of the clean up crew they will eat dead plant matter and algae

I agree. I bought some ramshorn snails then got some free on plants and I'm very happy with them. They're the best algae eaters I've had.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2021 at 6:56 AM, gardenman said:

I agree. I bought some ramshorn snails then got some free on plants and I'm very happy with them. They're the best algae eaters I've had.

You don’t ever notice them eating healthy plants, do you? Was thinking of getting some myself and I know they eat decaying plant matter but wasn’t sure about healthy plant leaves

10 hours ago, AdamScott said:

You don’t ever notice them eating healthy plants, do you? Was thinking of getting some myself and I know they eat decaying plant matter but wasn’t sure about healthy plant leaves

In my experience they only eat decaying plant matter 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AdamScott said:

Mine don't other plants at all. They'll clean the algae off of them which I like, but the plants don't suffer at all.

• Like 1