Do blue shrimp, crabs, Snails and glow tetras mix?

Maximus297759

I’ve spent good amount time googling this. I have all starter plants I have 6 glow tetras what my son likes and tons snails that on plants. 

so I definitely want blue shrimp when tank gets more seasoned. So can I add few crabs? With this mix and anyone recommend active crabs? Crabs eat shrimp are snails? It’s 55 gallon 

I am not very familiar with crabs, I think it might matter which sort you are interested in. Some are more agressive than others. If you add the shrimp first and let them start to breed, and provide them lots of crab proof cover (like rock piles) the crabs would likely not be able to dent the population even if they eat a few. 

• Love 1

Sweet I only have tetras atm because tank needs be older then it is about 3 weeks. I don’t understand why it’s not making ammonia nitrate nitrites. Maybe 6 tetras isn’t enough but idk I add prime to everyday.  There’s about 10 plants in there atm.

I’ll add blue shrimp let plants and shrimp multiply before I add some crabs. Thx for the feedback!

Also kind of crabs doesn’t matter my son love that kinda stuff. Unless there’s a blue crab he just loves blue anything. 

Edited by Maximus297759