Possible fin rot?

Alan

Hi all, I’m wondering is this Mbuna suffering from fin rot, or is the result of aggression? I don’t witness too much aggression, and there are 2 other fish in the tank (out of about 20) with similar symptoms. Water conditions 40ppm nitrates 0 ammonia or nitrites. Ph is 7, temperature is 27 Celsius. About. 55 gallon tank. The debris is bubbles from the filter drawing in air 🙂 I’m in Ireland so meds are limited. Thanks all for any help 🙂

26EC4117-A1B1-473E-BA92-C7AC3DBF310C.png

I have some Lake Tang shell dwellers (similis) and I aim for pH between 7.6-8.2 and gH of 10+. Their requirements are similar to ambiance. They make commercial rift lake buffers but you can also add reef salts like Instant Ocean to achieve the same effect. Just experiment with your dechlorinated water and figure out the dose in a bucket not the tank. There are also some DIY rift lake buffer recipes if you google it. 

Thank all for the advice, I do have some rock work in the tank that is supposed to raise the pH but it seems to be doing so pretty slowly! I’ll look into all your suggestions, thanks again 👍🏼

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Thank all for the advice, I do have some rock work in the tank that is supposed to raise the pH but it seems to be doing so pretty slowly! I’ll look into all your suggestions, thanks again 👍🏼

You can also add some crushed coral  to your filter to raise your ph