First Cherry Barb Fry!

Patrick_G

After transferring my Cherry Barbs to bigger tank they decided it was mating season. I was watching the tank and was surprised to see a little fry swimming around in the shelter of some wood. Wow, it’s so cool! I’ve had baby guppies before and even some Cichlids, but these are my first egg scatterers. The fam is having such a good time playing spot the fry! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Patrick_G said:

After transferring my Cherry Barbs to bigger tank they decided it was mating season. I was watching the tank and was surprised to see a little fry swimming around in the shelter of some wood. Wow, it’s so cool! I’ve had baby guppies before and even some Cichlids, but these are my first egg scatterers. The fam is having such a good time playing spot the fry! 

Awesome! Congratulations!! Are the parents still in there? You feeding any fry food yet? Any Java moss along bottom for them at all?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

Awesome! Congratulations!! Are the parents still in there? You feeding any fry food yet? Any Java moss along bottom for them at all?

Thanks! 
The parents are still in there and seem to be ignoring the five fry we’ve counted. There’s Java moss and lots of other cover for them and they seem to be eating biofilm, frozen baby brine and what ever small stuff makes it to their zone. 

• Like 1