Tank lids that open up like Deans Fishroom.

Hello, 

im trying to find a glass lid top that will fit a 10 gallon when it’s turned longways down you can have several on a shelf, but all of the lids I can see open the length of the tanks and not the width of the tank if that makes sense. I need lids that open like deans fish room. Does anyone know where to buy them? Thanks! 

AB731648-2285-4AE2-92C4-8A20B8A7BDB2.png

This seems like the sort of thing an entrepreneur with a 3D printer could whip up. A 3d printed hinge would let you custom size the opening too. All you'd need to supply is the glass/plexi and maybe a bit of glue to make sure things stay together nice and tight.

5 hours ago, Stealth Aquatics said:

This hobby has stretched me a little because I am not the handy man. My brain just doesn’t see how things work sometimes.

There are some DIY designs that involve using tile trim molding for lids that slide front to back. Taylor@SimplyBetta posted a video on how she made them. It is literally two pieces of glass and two pieces of plastic molding, both of which are available at your local big box store (and most big box stores will cut the glass for you from glass they have in stock. I did a cursory shopping trip to HD here locally and the cost to build one them is about $10 for a 10 gallon tank.

Added Video:

Edited by DShelton
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Isaac M said:

Hi @Stealth Aquatics, Ryo has made 2 videos making this type of lid. He used polycarbonate panel however instead of glass. I will link the videos below:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BeaiD0fbdlA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IJuCTdkIrOA

Just as mentioned before, I have not seen these lids sold commercially either. They are very easy to make however. 

27 minutes ago, DShelton said:

There are some DIY designs that involve using tile trim molding for lids that slide front to back. Taylor@SimplyBetta posted a video on how she made them. It is literally two pieces of glass and two pieces of plastic molding, both of which are available at your local big box store (and most big box stores will cut the glass for you from glass they have in stock. I did a cursory shopping trip to HD here locally and the cost to build one them is about $10 for a 10 gallon tank.

Added Video:

This is exactly what I need thanks! 

• Like 1