Hi all,

Not sure how well the color from the pic will show this but I had stocked up on some of these a long time ago from the COOP and had kept them in pots when I finally planted them they have now turned almost like Pink Panther or something anyone else experience this? Maybe they were sold incorrectly?

20200910_205327119_iOS (2).jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

@Sleepy OH my goodness what?? Your tank is just stunning! Wow. Those crypts really do look like a pink panther or pink flamingo. I've seen crypt tropica turn like a nice reddish brown color under some good lighting, but never seen it turn so pink. When did you order these and were they all from one pot? Also, what kind of light are you using? I have so many questions 😂 Amazing job!

• Administrators

Tropica is a cultivar of wendtii, Florida sunset, pink flamingo etc are all cultivars of wendtii as well. Depending on light and nutrients is what you’ll get out of each plant. The cultivars will sway you in one direction. For instance, wendtii green give high light and lots of iron goes a bit brown. When selectively bred for red or pink you’ll have a higher chance of it having those colors with less effort. 

basically most crypts have a huge variation of color depending com conditions. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys thanks for the responses! Yes when I've been looking into this seems to be the question of high light which is a 4ft Nicrew Classic LED Plus 36 watt (wasnt sure if I could link it here)

@Lizzie BlockIts a 55 gallon tank using the light above its been set up 4-5 months using Eco Complete and coop root tabs, easy green and a couple different Seachem products and the last time I ordered some Tropica was May but I had some before then too probably 4-5 pots I think. Ask away lol!

• Like 1