API super ich cure

Rodney G

I have a 65 gallon. Cycled with a few guppies. Just added 6 cardinal tetra from a chain without quarantine... I believe its a ich outbreak. 

Am 0

Tries 0

Trates<20

I treated with super ice cure 6 packets.

Only had 4 left couldn't find any more locally so I bought liquid super ice cure.

They have different active ingredients. 

I treated again today with the 4 remaining packets (40 gallon worth).

Was that the right move? Or.

Is it ok to mix the two meds?

I can't speak to the mix per se but they carry the same name. I used the liquid form when I had an outbreak and was successful with it. I contacted API because I was also using heat and still feeding my fish and that seemed to have caused ammonia levels I wasn't comfortable with so I asked them if I could do water changes (because it makes no mention of it in their directions) I did do those and made sure to do it on redose days (which was every other day if I remember correctly). I imagine if you feel mixing meds might be an issue you could change some of the water if that made you more comfortable. 

2 hours ago, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

I can't speak to the mix per se but they carry the same name. I used the liquid form when I had an outbreak and was successful with it. I contacted API because I was also using heat and still feeding my fish and that seemed to have caused ammonia levels I wasn't comfortable with so I asked them if I could do water changes (because it makes no mention of it in their directions) I did do those and made sure to do it on redose days (which was every other day if I remember correctly). I imagine if you feel mixing meds might be an issue you could change some of the water if that made you more comfortable. 

Thank you

• Like 1