Help Corydoras missing skin on dorsal fin

Tobezoned

1 hour ago, Tobezoned said:

Would this medication alone be enough to treat it? My tank is fairly well planted. I just dont wanna set the cycle back, if I do then i have to spend loads of money on dechlorinator as I'm nearly out and then be doing massive water changes to keep levels down while it cycles again. Right now based on testing, it looks like my cycle is nearly over. So setting it back would be a nightmare, as I've already spent the last week carrying buckets back and forth trying to keep everything alive whilst it cycles

stress coat works as a dechlorinator too. it wont cure anything, but it does what needs to be done for chlorine/ammonia etc, and the aloe is good for the skin of the fish.

42 minutes ago, Colu said:

I looked up that product and it says not to use with scaleless fish I would not use it with your corydoras  try Esha 2000 or a product contains acriflavin thats available in the uk

Thank you so much, I just ordered that. Can I treat my main tank with it or will it kill the benificial bacteria?

9 minutes ago, Colu said:

I would treat main tank I don't think it will affect your beneficial bacteria

Alright thank you so much. I gave the guy who had it worst a 30 minute dip in methalyne blue just now. Hes back in the main tank again now. The others are just showing he early signs of it but he's really bad so I felt I had to do something

3 minutes ago, Tobezoned said:

Alright thank you so much. I gave the guy who had it worst a 30 minute dip in methalyne blue just now. Hes back in the main tank again now. The others are just showing he early signs of it but he's really bad so I felt I had to do something

I would caution you to keep an eye on your water parameters through treatment regardless. Maracyn wasn't said to have an affect on my biological filter, but it definitely disturbed my bacterial balance in my tank. When you are working with antibiotics that's the risk, and it sucks. 

I hope all goes well with your treatment, and hang in there! Try not to get discouraged! It's so easy to but the best thing you can do for your fish is to stay calm, be proactive, be patient, and take bumps in the road as they come. Good luck!

5 minutes ago, laritheloud said:

I would caution you to keep an eye on your water parameters through treatment regardless. Maracyn wasn't said to have an affect on my biological filter, but it definitely disturbed my bacterial balance in my tank. When you are working with antibiotics that's the risk, and it sucks. 

I hope all goes well with your treatment, and hang in there! Try not to get discouraged! It's so easy to but the best thing you can do for your fish is to stay calm, be proactive, be patient, and take bumps in the road as they come. Good luck!

Thank you for the support, means allot. I'm hoping the best for these little guys 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tobezoned said:

Thank you so much, I just ordered that. Can I treat my main tank with it or will it kill the benificial bacteria?

you can treat your tank with it, with no fear. i try hard not to push products, but this one ive used every water change for 25yrs, it works well.