how fast do algae eat phosphates?

CT_

It got to the point where I was dosing of phosphates to keep up my macro levels.  I'm now winning the war on algae and i just tested my phosphate which was consistently 0 and now its 1.0.  was my algae sinking all that phosphate?  I had just assumed it was my floaters.

50 minutes ago, CT_ said:

It got to the point where I was dosing of phosphates to keep up my macro levels.  I'm now winning the war on algae and i just tested my phosphate which was consistently 0 and now its 1.0.  was my algae sinking all that phosphate?  I had just assumed it was my floaters.

That one would be difficult to answer. You would have to search for research on various algae uptake rates and specific plant uptake rates. That would be one heck of a project. But post results here if you find it! <Wink>

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mmiller2001 said:

That one would be difficult to answer. You would have to search for research on various algae uptake rates and specific plant uptake rates. That would be one heck of a project. But post results here if you find it! <Wink>

HA! okay.  I was hoping that there was a simple answer like "oh yeah its known that algae needs 5x the phosphate of a plant" or something.  oh well.  I'll take a peak at literature, maybe I'll get lucky.

• Like 1