Selling plants on Aquabid

Hi all 
Has anyone had experience with selling on aqua bid? My main aquarium is a 125 gal planted community tank which is heavily planted with Anubis barteri and Java fern. I have had this tank set up for many years, which has let the Anubis & Java fern become well established. (some might say overgrown 😀) I want to slowly add more plant diversity and open space to my aquarium. Prior to COVID I would take excess plants to my local club, but currently we are not having in person meetings. Has anyone had any experience with selling on Aqua bid? In particular shipping plants like Anubis and Java fern . I have purchased live food starters from Aqua bid, but I have never sold anything. Any insight would be much appreciated.

C70FDF81-180E-455F-82BC-9014FE3E0395.jpeg

D52902B5-6EA9-4104-B674-C6CD13B9104B.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 5

I've never sold plants on any site, but I have bought plenty from sites. Most plants I buy come wrapped in damp paper towels and are sealed in a Ziploc type bag or plastic container. More fragile plants tend to come in a box. Less fragile plants come in an envelope. E-Bay and Etsy are two alternative sites you could use for plant selling also. I mostly buy through e-Bay. They've been around forever and have the largest selection, but Etsy is catching up to them in terms of plants.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gardenman said:

I've never sold plants on any site, but I have bought plenty from sites. Most plants I buy come wrapped in damp paper towels and are sealed in a Ziploc type bag or plastic container. More fragile plants tend to come in a box. Less fragile plants come in an envelope. E-Bay and Etsy are two alternative sites you could use for plant selling also. I mostly buy through e-Bay. They've been around forever and have the largest selection, but Etsy is catching up to them in terms of plants.

Thanks for the advice, the zip lock bag and damp paper sounds like it should work for my Anubis and Java Moss.