Trader Feedback??

Ahhh this feature would send me to the MOON if it were available. We could all test out our shipping methods without high stakes consequences, know that our fish & plants were going to good homes, help newbies out with sponge filter media. Fingers crossed!

• Like 8

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
On 7/16/2021 at 10:53 AM, Hobbit said:

@Zenzo I know you’re busy getting ready for the speaker tomorrow but when you have a chance, I’m wondering if you have any updates or plans for the potential of letting us trade fish/plants/stuff. 😊

@Hobbit I don't have an update at this time. Cory and I discussed various ways in which we might do this. 

@Zenzo thank you so much for everything you are doing to both make membership services achieve/exceed Cory's goals, but also for lifting some of the weight off of Cory's shoulders. 

You knocked the first speaker experience out of the park! Gianne exceeded all expectations. 

I vaguely remember Cory saying something about why his preference was YouTube over Zoom. Wanted to let you know I attended a workshop today that was *conducted* on Zoom and live streamed on YouTube, so the replay will be available only for the paying members.

Chat was turned off at various points, so as to not detract from the speaker, the cursor showed up clearly, and at the end there was a 45 minute Q&A where people could type their question or raise their hand to be called on.

The host was able to select a large screen/screen share for everyone to see the slides, and was also able to "lock" the speaker or the host & the speaker above the screen share.

I know you have probably already explored it, just wanted to share from the participants perspective in a side by side comparison to Saturday. 

Thank you!!!

On 7/16/2021 at 10:56 AM, Zenzo said:

@Hobbit I don't have an update at this time. Cory and I discussed various ways in which we might do this. 

I don't have alot of opinions what should or shouldn't be on the forum. But I like what it functions as now and I think a major success is keeping it discussion based and non commercialized. I personally would not want to see buying selling or trading make it's way in. Another site or offshoot could come about to address that side of things maybe. 

• Like 1

I like the forum the way it is, but I can certainly see advantages to having a Buy, Sell, Trade, etc section.  However, I also know @Cory is in business to make money, and when he's providing this forum it wouldn't be fair for it to let members sell stuff on it to compete with him.  If it was ever implemented maybe it could be restricted to live fish, shrimp, etc, (no plants) so it doesn't take business away from Aquarium Co-op?

• Administrators

To be clear, what we are currently looking at is a trade/swap system, and not a buy/sell system. Most likely the swap would happen at in-person events that we are trying to coordinate. I don’t think that we will be supporting any buying/selling on this platform. 

• Administrators
On 7/21/2021 at 10:31 PM, Torrey said:

@Zenzo thank you so much for everything you are doing to both make membership services achieve/exceed Cory's goals, but also for lifting some of the weight off of Cory's shoulders. 

You knocked the first speaker experience out of the park! Gianne exceeded all expectations. 

I vaguely remember Cory saying something about why his preference was YouTube over Zoom. Wanted to let you know I attended a workshop today that was *conducted* on Zoom and live streamed on YouTube, so the replay will be available only for the paying members.

Chat was turned off at various points, so as to not detract from the speaker, the cursor showed up clearly, and at the end there was a 45 minute Q&A where people could type their question or raise their hand to be called on.

The host was able to select a large screen/screen share for everyone to see the slides, and was also able to "lock" the speaker or the host & the speaker above the screen share.

I know you have probably already explored it, just wanted to share from the participants perspective in a side by side comparison to Saturday. 

Thank you!!!

Thank you for that feedback. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I believe that we have figured out the cursor situation and will be running some tests. 

On 7/22/2021 at 10:03 AM, Zenzo said:

To be clear, what we are currently looking at is a trade/swap system, and not a buy/sell system. Most likely the swap would happen at in-person events that we are trying to coordinate. I don’t think that we will be supporting any buying/selling on this platform. 

Would these in-person events possibly be at different locations around the country so more people would have an opportunity to participate?

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 7/22/2021 at 10:32 AM, JettsPapa said:

Would these in-person events possibly be at different locations around the country so more people would have an opportunity to participate?

Yes, that is our goal.