Hello, my name is Jamie, and I am addicted to fish. I have been in the hobby for about a year and a half, and I already maintain (with the help of my wonderful wife) 5 tanks between our house and my classroom. I am a high school science teacher in SC. I specialize in nano fish and small tanks. I have 2 10's, 1 5-gallon, 1 small (maybe 2-3 gallon) nano tank, and our monster tank is a 30-gallon. I recently got into guppies and have enjoyed breeding them and watching them grow. My hope for being a part of this forum is to learn whatever I can to further my abilities in keeping fish, as well as impart the small amount of wisdom I will glean along the way.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JStrutt said:

Hello, my name is Jamie, and I am addicted to fish. I have been in the hobby for about a year and a half, and I already maintain (with the help of my wonderful wife) 5 tanks between our house and my classroom. I am a high school science teacher in SC. I specialize in nano fish and small tanks. I have 2 10's, 1 5-gallon, 1 small (maybe 2-3 gallon) nano tank, and our monster tank is a 30-gallon. I recently got into guppies and have enjoyed breeding them and watching them grow. My hope for being a part of this forum is to learn whatever I can to further my abilities in keeping fish, as well as impart the small amount of wisdom I will glean along the way.

Welcome!! That’s so great you’ve extended your hobby into your classroom! 

We’ve set up a couple tanks in a school nearby this year. One is a 55 gal in a high school class, and another is a 33 gal long in a 5th grade class. The teachers are just friends of our family. Here’s a couple videos:

High School tank...

5th Grade tank...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Isaac M said:

Hello @JStrutt, welcome to the forum! Guppies are great fish, I look forward to seeing your nano tanks and monster tank! You came to the right forum, most likely everyone here is addicted to fish as well haha

Haha, the "monster tank" was more of a joke. The biggest fish in it is a beautiful Pearl Gourami. There are some tiger barbs, neon tetras, otos, and nerite snails with it. It has become a bit of a catch-all tank recently.