Question about when/if to move eggs

QC Aquaholic

I've recently started to breed pseudomugil gertrudae.  Every morning I will pull the spawning mop and put the eggs in a heated, 1 gallon box that has  an air stone, RODI water and methylene blue.  What I have been doing is when I see an egg that has some black in it I pull it and place it in a 2.5 gallon tank for the fry to live in until they get big enough to move to a larger tank.  My question is do I even need to pull the eggs from the methylene blue tank before they hatch?

1G.jpg

2.5G.jpg

Edited by QC Aquaholic

19 minutes ago, QC Aquaholic said:

I've recently started to breed pseudomugil gertrudae.  Every morning I will pull the spawning mop and put the eggs in a heated, 1 gallon box that has  an air stone, RODI water and methylene blue.  What I have been doing is when I see an egg that has some black in it I pull it and place it in a 2.5 gallon tank for the fry to live in until they get big enough to move to a larger tank.  My question is do I even need to pull the eggs from the methylene blue tank before they hatch?

1G.jpg

2.5G.jpg

I like your method. We use more Java moss in the 2nd tank floor for micro life once fry hatch.

The fry can hatch in tank 1, but the m-blue will need to eventually be diluted, and once ammonia begins to build, filtration will become necessary.

But I like your current system.