Mini Pond Parameters

Mr Gumby

Hi folks, 

I want to try a mini pond but here in the UK it doesn't get that warm. 

I have bronze, albino and black corydoras, otocinclus, Cpd and ember tetra. 

Are any of those likely to breed at cooler temps and if so what's the minimum night time temperature I should be hoping for

Any advice greatly appreciated 

Gareth 

How mini?  As long as it's a decent volume of water (20+) gallons it should hold much of the temp it gets during the day.  I live between Seattle and Vancouver BC and our weather is much like yours, actually probably a little cooler.   I lived out near Molesworth for 4 years and I recall some pretty warm stretches of weather.

I live in London and I plan to put out Medaka ricefish and CPD/Galaxy Rasboras in May. The overnight temperatures should be almost 10C/50F by then. I know the weather here is very similar to Vancouver BC (my brother lives there).

BTW, Lidl has 65L/17 US gallon mixing buckets on sale right now for £6 each:

2028191357_Screenshot2021-04-19at22_03_57.jpg.487510f2ecffa8d3b3bdff1f6a4a293b.jpg

I'm thinking that with enough cover I'll still get a decent amount of fry. If the cpd adults behave like they do in my display tank they'll probably eat more than anyone else of their own eggs. Fun to try tho and fingers crossed enough will make it