Surprise Invertebrates

Casual aquatics

@Cory hey you told me in that last live stream yesterday to post on forum hope these work was the last super chat of the stream white mite  like bugs living in tank not appearing to harm fish but fish also want nothing to do with it. Won’t eat them etc what is it what do I do? It’s not letting me upload video but just imagine them wiggling around on glass

971ADFFC-118C-477E-99AC-F5FD651CC46B.jpeg

935CEC12-476E-4D45-9FFC-54F4E4253D95.jpeg

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Cory said:

Wow, those are super interesting. Do fish eat them at all?

Not that I’m aware there in a big predator tank  so maybe too small to bother with plus I mean not to boast but I keep everyone well fed that could be part the problem perhaps .  none of my community tanks have them  though 

if I saw those pictures without any information I would have said those were nerite eggs. You said they are mites and not worms? So do they have legs? It's kind of hard to see in the pictures. I almost want to say spring tails, but I'm not sure if they go underwater. Do you have wood in the tank and where did it come from? They could be larval or nymph stages of other insects like water beetles. Do they just cling to the glass or do they swim freely? Whatever they are, they are interesting and you have quite a few of them. I'll be looking forward to any more information or insights that could help solve your mystery.