Ziss bubbler bio moving bed filter suction cups

Steven Fletcher

I don't have the Ziss one but a knockoff sold on Amazon. It uses relatively common sized suction cups like those used for airline tubing. Just pop out the airline tubing holder and attach the suction cup to the filter. Some hot melt glue can quickly adhere them if the shaft opening is too big, or aquarium safe epoxy putty or gel super glue would also work to attach them to the filter. The airline suction cups tend to be cheap and readily available. Also, heck to be sure your aquarium wall is really clean. It's possible there's some small debris/biofilm built up that's letting the suction fail and the current cups are fine.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, gardenman said:

I don't have the Ziss one but a knockoff sold on Amazon. It uses relatively common sized suction cups like those used for airline tubing. Just pop out the airline tubing holder and attach the suction cup to the filter. Some hot melt glue can quickly adhere them if the shaft opening is too big, or aquarium safe epoxy putty or gel super glue would also work to attach them to the filter. The airline suction cups tend to be cheap and readily available. Also, heck to be sure your aquarium wall is really clean. It's possible there's some small debris/biofilm built up that's letting the suction fail and the current cups are fine.

That's a good idea! And I'll definitely try cleaning the glass. I don't know why I didn't think of that lol. Thank you!