Hi from Illinois.

Sandyjo

Hi, my name is Sandy. Live near the Windy City... I have been watching Co Op videos for a while , have learned so much from Cory. Found the forum link and finally got around to checking it out.  Got back into the hobby a couple of years ago with a whiskey barrel pond on the patio and now keep a 75 gallon on patio,  another 75, 20, 20 long, 5 and 3.5. Love planted tanks, Recently started a shrimp and snail only tank. If I could describe an aquarium in a word, it would be mesmerizing. My husband enjoys the benefits of the beauty of the tanks without the work.  Our dog loves to watch the fish. Here is my 75 community. 

Looking forward to being part of the community and seeing your amazing aquariums and pets. 

PXL_20210407_004901569.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, Fish Folk said:

Nice to have you aboard! We used to live downstate near Peoria. I’m curious  what your city water parameters are like? Especially GH and KH. 

@Fish FolkHi,  I'm originally from Galesburg. Know Peoria well!  Now Joliet. Our tap water is on the harder side and the city is constantly messing with it as one day it smells ok the next like a pool.  We don't drink it at all. I do use it mixed with RO for all but my shrimp only tank which I remineralizet the RO for. The last time I checked it, GH was 16 and KH 13. 

10 minutes ago, Sandyjo said:

@Fish FolkHi,  I'm originally from Galesburg. Know Peoria well!  Now Joliet. Our tap water is on the harder side and the city is constantly messing with it as one day it smells ok the next like a pool.  We don't drink it at all. I do use it mixed with RO for all but my shrimp only tank which I remineralizet the RO for. The last time I checked it, GH was 16 and KH 13. 

Woah! That’s H I G H hardness. Sheesh!! Good planning with R.O. water.

• Like 1