• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 9:27 AM, Fonske said:

Brilliant rasboras

These are neat fish. I always remember them showing up mixed with import Cardinal Tetra orders and we'd always pull them and place them in displays in the store. At the time we didn't know what they were and knew that passing them off with sales as a Cardinal wasn't fair to the consumer. I think over the 6 years I was running the store we probably got a couple of dozen of them in one of our display tanks.

Whenever I go to the fish store, I am always taken aback by how small the baby fish are when I have the same species at home that I didn't realize had turned into monsters in comparison.

Here's my old guppy that looks like a beast compared to one of my new guppies.  The small one follows the big one around all day...

20210915_164916.jpg.5a894c46a56f0aca674f0a08a30e0cf4.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/15/2021 at 6:00 PM, mommygourami said:

Here's my old guppy that looks like a beast compared to one of my new guppies.  The small one follows the big one around all day.

That second smaller one might not get much bigger, depending on how strong the endler genetics are. He's more endler looking than guppy. 

Elodea and co. pearling in my guppy tank. I was jumping with joy when I first noticed this, I have never had any of my plants pearl before. The tank sits right next to a west-facing window, has no CO2, no fertilizers and a tiny 2W light. Stocked with guppies, ghost shrimp, and snails. When sun hits the tank in the afternoon, the oxygen orgy begins! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1