• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are baby Sparkling Gouramis in the bubble nest taken with an iPhone

Closeup of one of my albino corydoras, taken with a Samsung Galaxy S7 and a little clip-on macro lens.

I love the world of the small, it's such a complex and beautiful part of nature happening all around us that we usually never see. So share your macro shots! Me feeding fry baby brine from a

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Lifeisgood said:

James, I can’t figure out why I haven’t been able to see some of your pictures lately.  Like this one and some on your Hugo thread.  Any ideas why?

All my photos from my phone get uploaded to google photos. So most of the time I will download the photos from there. But every so often, I get lazy and copy and paste from google photos, I beleive this is why you can't see them.

@Streetwise PM'd me earlier this evening and informed me. I willl start fixing the problem, and download them.

• Like 2

So since the beginning of this thread, I've really been inspired to stretch the limits of my existing equipment. I bought a cheap clip-on macro lens on Amazon, and I've been working with a OnePlus 6 phone, some walmart desk lamps, and a tripod. The OnePlus 6 - close to a 3-year-old phone now - can shoot 4K 60fps reasonably well on a tripod. It also has a slowmo mode claiming 1080p 240 fps, but looks super grainy with terrible autofocus and no ability to lock it. So I used both of those modes to make a video with the macro lens.  (Sound Warning: I don't stand strongly behind my song choice).

Camera Experts: Would love your feedback on these shots, and maybe some opinions on whether it might be worth it for me to simply upgrade my phone for a better camera, or if a dedicated camera would be that much better (for the amount of money you might spend on a nice new phone).

Edited by StephenP2003
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, StephenP2003 said:

So since the beginning of this thread, I've really been inspired to stretch the limits of my existing equipment. I bought a cheap clip-on macro lens on Amazon, and I've been working with a OnePlus 6 phone, some walmart desk lamps, and a tripod. The OnePlus 6 - close to a 3-year-old phone now - can shoot 4K 60fps reasonably well on a tripod. It also has a slowmo mode claiming 1080p 240 fps, but looks super grainy with terrible autofocus and no ability to lock it. So I used both of those modes to make a video with the macro lens.  (Sound Warning: I don't stand strongly behind my song choice).

Camera Experts: Would love your feedback on these shots, and maybe some opinions on whether it might be worth it for me to simply upgrade my phone for a better camera, or if a dedicated camera would be that much better (for the amount of money you might spend on a nice new phone).

That was absolutely great!!  Totally enjoyed that!😁

• Like 1