What's your favorite non-aquatic plant?

KBOzzie59

I love pitcher plants and someday I'd like to have a little carnivorous plant collection. My house doesn't get very good light at all, so the most I really have success with indoors is pothos; I do love the variegated kind.

But out in the yard we have these azelias(?) and I love them. I can see this one from where I sit while working. 

PXL_20210413_234301946.jpg.404c64da54385a79d53a6026a0c05bf4.jpg

• Like 3

Orchids are pretty awesome.  its a whole other rabbit hole of a hobby I need to avoid getting sucked into - the orchid folks are as fanatical as the fish/plant community - I can see myself explaining to the wife how I got pulled into another forum and another expensive hobby. 🙂   

Ficus pumila "quercifolia" is a very beautiful plant. I think it's been made popular by SerpaDesign on youtube but it's a fantastic little plant. They require a high humidity so they could be incorporated in a paladarium or such. 

On 4/20/2021 at 8:57 AM, H.K.Luterman said:

I love pitcher plants and someday I'd like to have a little carnivorous plant collection

Agreed!  I have about 50+ species of carnivorous plants that I grow.  I started a local club a decade ago, and have served on the board of the international society.  I suppose I like them a bit. 🤔

• Like 1

If I have to pick one it will be the Begonia somethingorother.  I have no idea which one it is.   I don't have a good picture, but it is easy to propagate, will occasionally reward you with bright pink flowers in winter, and the leaves will grow to almost 12" in a shady yard.

Begonia1.jpg