Jaxsin

A neighbor stuck me with a cichlid because he knows that I have fish (I have goldfish) not knowing what would happen with her if I refused, I took her. She had been abused by her tank mates and was in pretty bad shape. I put her in a tank by herself and started my search for a permanent home for her. Got her set up in a 55 gallon. A couple weeks ago I notice a pimple like spot on her head. I researched and found it is hole in the head disease. I treated with paracleanse and after treatment did a 25% change. This morning she is bent at the bottom of the tank. I’m at a loss on what to do next. There is too much information on forums that it’s becoming confusing for me. 

22 minutes ago, Jaxsin said:

A neighbor stuck me with a cichlid because he knows that I have fish (I have goldfish) not knowing what would happen with her if I refused, I took her. She had been abused by her tank mates and was in pretty bad shape. I put her in a tank by herself and started my search for a permanent home for her. Got her set up in a 55 gallon. A couple weeks ago I notice a pimple like spot on her head. I researched and found it is hole in the head disease. I treated with paracleanse and after treatment did a 25% change. This morning she is bent at the bottom of the tank. I’m at a loss on what to do next. There is too much information on forums that it’s becoming confusing for me. 

Sorry to hear. Let’s just talk this through step by step. (1) Assuming you’re on city / town water, did you remember to add water treatment when you did the water change? —not necessary when on a well—

9 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

Sorry to hear. Let’s just talk this through step by step. (1) Assuming you’re on city / town water, did you remember to add water treatment when you did the water change? —not necessary when on a well—

What are your water parameters and can you take a picture of the sick fish

• Like 1