• Administrators

Lets start with the basics. What are your current water parameters? How often are you dosing Easy green? Do you have a picture of the tank? How many hours is the light on, and what light?

Easy green already has elevated levels of potassium. Lots of people jump to dosing more. I'd point out that in our warehouse with about 10k plants at any one time, we never run into a potassium deficiency.  I find the most common culprit is the tank isn't balanced. Usually around the fertilizer. I've also never run into a potassium issue, unless the tank was only anubias and java ferns, and densely planted. This was many years ago and why I increased the potassium to fix that issue. I've never had it since. I'm sure there is some combo of plants that could need more potassium, I haven't run into it yet though.

On 4/17/2021 at 10:19 AM, Cory said:

Lets start with the basics. What are your current water parameters? How often are you dosing Easy green? Do you have a picture of the tank? How many hours is the light on, and what light?

Easy green already has elevated levels of potassium. Lots of people jump to dosing more. I'd point out that in our warehouse with about 10k plants at any one time, we never run into a potassium deficiency.  I find the most common culprit is the tank isn't balanced. Usually around the fertilizer. I've also never run into a potassium issue, unless the tank was only anubias and java ferns, and densely planted. This was many years ago and why I increased the potassium to fix that issue. I've never had it since. I'm sure there is some combo of plants that could need more potassium, I haven't run into it yet though.

Dose easy green 1x week, plant tabs 1x every couple months, aqueon optibright 39-36” input voltage 15DC, 1S max led light bar 4 hrs am, 4 hrs pm or more, ph 7.0-7.2,ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10ppm. image.jpg.550a24375274d6d002be726d2d3533a6.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

I think it's under fertilizing. A sword that size probably eats 4 or 5 tabs every month. Only getting 1 every few months is probably leading to what you see. Having 10ppm of nitrates, is lower than I recommend. I recommend to always have 20ppm from easy green. Water change if you hit 50ppm. You may have your nitrates derive from fish food and be out of easy green in the water essentially. If you were lacking other macros, your plants would stop growing.

On 4/19/2021 at 1:48 PM, Denise said:

Thank you. I’ll order more plant tabs. How about the Java ferns?  They gave brown leaves on them. One is planted. Two are glued to wood. Should I use easy green liquid 2x a week?

I think you are going to need to do some trial and error to get the balance cory mentioned above with the 20 to 50 ppm you can try a double dose but keep an eye on the water parameters and like he said if the nitrates get too high do a water change and try a different amount or change how far apart you do the doses. You may have to do it every 5 days rather than 7 it might be too much to jump all the way to dosing every 3 days. The weird thing about dosing every 5  days is if you dose friday you then dose on Wednesday but then you wouldn't dose again til Monday... which can be hard to keep track of for me.