What is this stringy thing hanging off my guppy?

St. Louis Cardinal Tetras

Hi, I got 6 guppies for my 29 gallon tank yesterday from LFS. This morning I went to check on them and I saw one had this string looking thing hanging on him right behind is anal fin. Is this a parasite or just poop? I just lost one of the guppies. I’m testing my water parameters now. Last night I checked them before I went to bed and they were 0 ppm ammonia 0 ppm nitrites 5 ppm nitrates.

88C7280E-3588-419C-8982-6719AAF8D4EE.jpeg

BF5CC8DE-0771-45AE-B225-BB55D45D66C9.jpeg

If  it's camallanus worms by the time your seeing visible signs of parasites your fish will have a heavy parasite  burden  treat with levamisole as @Yanni suggest sometimes you will lose fish because of the internal damage the worms have all ready done 

Thank you for your help. I spent all day trying to locate levamisole around my area to no avail. I ordered some Fritz Expel P from Amazon and its supposed to get here Wednesday. Its main ingredient is levamisole. I payed $10 for expedited shipping and all my Amazon orders have been getting here in one or two days. So I'm really hoping it gets here monday. But for the mean time I treated the tank with General Cure and aquarium salt. 

Edited by St. Louis Cardinal Tetras

8 minutes ago, St. Louis Cardinal Tetras said:

Thank you for your help. I spent all day trying to locate levamisole around my area to no avail. I ordered some Fritz Expel P from Amazon and its supposed to get here Wednesday. I payed $10 for expedited shipping and all my Amazon orders have been getting here in one or two days. So I'm really hoping it gets here monday. But for the mean time I treated the tank with General Cure and aquarium salt. 

General cure is not very effective against camallanus worms you will probably have to do 3 course of Fritz expel p to get rid of camallanus worms 

Edited by Colu