Spending money

Chris OB

So how many of us tell ourselves I won’t spend any more money on aquarium stuff this month? I told myself this a couple weeks ago and then I get an email from buceplant that something on my wishlist is available and I got first shot at it (a total ploy I’m sure 🤣) so $60 later some hygrophila compacta an extra bucephalandra Godzilla and a sword red runner later. Then I thought well I’ll read up some stuff on aquarium co op and had to check out some fish food since I ordered some reticulated hillstream loaches from my LFS so repashy soilent green, sure better be ready for them right? Since I’m ordering might as well check out some plants while I’m here, I’m already paying for shipping 🤷🏼‍♂️ Well how about some anubias and pearl weed. Oh then there’s amazon and some smart plugs for my lighting 🤦‍♂️ Hope I have enough food in the freezer. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Why buy 10 cherry red shrimp from aquahuna when you can buy 20...knowing full well that they will likely breed and make many more for free. The impeller on my HOB is rattling so I'm debating buying a whole new filter instead of a replacement impeller. That said the replacement impeller is $17 while a whole new filter is also $17.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm the worst for this.... bought my daughters each a 1 gallon tank for Easter. Started researching fish, found out 1 gallons suck, so found a 30 gal used online, cleaned it up. My wife wanted it so we upgraded the girls to a 30 gal as well so they had more option. Did more research (the key problem) started to really gain interest in the hobby myself, so bought a 60 gal. Why get a 30 for the bedroom when a 60 is only $100 more. Went looking for fish on a local FB group found a guy rehoming cichlids I was looking for so contacted him. Turns out he is getting away from the hobby and wants to get rid of his whole setup... I asked how much (big mistake). $400 FOR AN ENTIRE 150 GALLON SETUP!!! So now before my 60 gallon is even finished being set up I now own a 150 as well. Went from 2 gallons of fish real estate to 272 gallons in less than 2 weeks. Research (and co-op videos) crested a monster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, ErinV said:

@RobHart28 $400 for an entire set up. That is amazing!!! You will have so much fun with all your new fishy real estate. Kinda jealous!

I still hadn't decided what to put in the 60 gal until today with cichlids which led to that purchase. It was a crazy deal! Can't wait but it may be garaged for a while.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RobHart28 said:

I still hadn't decided what to put in the 60 gal until today with cichlids which led to that purchase. It was a crazy deal! Can't wait but it may be garaged for a while.

Take your time with that one, the possibilities are endless!