Flowerhorn care and feeding.

HenryC

Hi guys, so I recently purchased a baby flowerhorn, he's tiny, barely an inch I believe, currently have it in a 20g long grow out tank, will pass him to a 40gal later on and finally to a 75g for a forever home.

Does anyone have any flowerhorns or are experienced in raising them? I want mine to be as healthy an vibrant as possible, and a safe, healthy grow rate (none of that raise temp. to accelerate growth, etc.).

Currently have it in 7.6pH, very hard water and at 79F. I plan on feeding him xtreme cichlid pee-wee and then when he gets bigger big fella pellets.

174140470_303803457797158_607088502947280843_n.jpg

• Like 1

Here's some MISC feedback, citing another post made here on the forum . . .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/flowerhornfarming.com/8-tips-to-grow-massive-flowerhorn-kok/amp/

To summarize the article... (1) feed lots of specialized, high quality food — like DragonMax, made in Singapore (2) clean obsessively, over filter, and otherwise keep water quality very high (3) keep them in a 75 gal tank or larger (4) position the tank so that it gets some direct sunlight for a small part of the day (5) use “mirror play” — putting a mirror up to the tank to increase the aggressiveness for short time periods to stimulate certain hormones (6) interact with it ... hand feed some, move substrate around, etc.

• Like 1