Fluval planted 3.0 light. Help

I had a cheap top fin led strip light that came with the tank. My tank was clear and clean, but the plants always seemed like they were missing something. Yesterday I installed the fluval planted light. I can’t get the color to look right. It always looks dull or off to me. Does anyone have a good setting? Also, there’s seems to be algae growing on the walls already. 

17 hours ago, Phillip said:

I had a cheap top fin led strip light that came with the tank. My tank was clear and clean, but the plants always seemed like they were missing something. Yesterday I installed the fluval planted light. I can’t get the color to look right. It always looks dull or off to me. Does anyone have a good setting? Also, there’s seems to be algae growing on the walls already. 

I'm not sure how a Fluval Plant 3.0 could look dim, its a fairly powerful light.  It does have a warmer cast (yellow looking tint to the human eye) that some other lights, where as most lights with a blue/cool cast look "brighter" its just how they present to the human eye and almost nothing to do with how much actual light is being produced by the fixture.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bentley Pascoe said:

I'm not sure how a Fluval Plant 3.0 could look dim, its a fairly powerful light.  It does have a warmer cast (yellow looking tint to the human eye) that some other lights, where as most lights with a blue/cool cast look "brighter" its just how they present to the human eye and almost nothing to do with how much actual light is being produced by the fixture.

Thanks. I guess I just need to play with it some. I did watch some of your videos last night.