Hey guys, bought this recently at my lfs thinking it was dwarf sag. Already half the height of my 10Gal. Any thoughts?  Also, what is the shorter fuzzy plants off the the right. The culture cup it came in said rotala but I’m having my doubts. Thanks for your help

BA3B2EEF-7F7A-41BE-8F2A-4F04FF34E01F.jpeg

Agreeing with @Daniel it is hard for me to tell some of my dwarf sag from my val. Dwarf sag can get pretty tall under low light

The stem plant to the right in the pic does look like Rotalla Indica or something similar. It also appears to be struggling with light

I didn’t know that I needed to turn my lights down, and ended up with a big Black Beard Algae outbreak. So I’ve got my lights on 35% intensity and all of my rotalla indica melted away. It looked similar to that before I gave up and tossed it. 

Edited by Mitch Norton
  • Like 1

Just now, KBOzzie59 said:

Yeah I was thinking dwarf chain sword.  Changing my vote to sag.

I had have to change my vote many a time on this forum. It is one of the cool things we have going here. You can throw an opinion out there without fear of someone taking pot shots at you. @KBOzzie59 joined on the first day of the forum (member number 91) and has always been a good source of information about nitrates and all things waste treatment.🙂 @Mitch Norton is from Tennessee and joined in August. Mitch keeps beautiful aquariums and always has helpful posts.

• Thanks 1

And I could still go valisneria. Haha. If it was labeled dwarf sag I believe it could be dwarf sag. But had I seen it without that info I might have called it val. 

I have some plants in my tank that I am waiting for them to grow out because I’m not sure which they are. Haha. 

I love this forum for the very reasons Daniel mentioned. It’s a great community with no/little judgment and a lot of people willing to help. 

image.jpg

Edited by Mitch Norton
  • Like 1

I'm just going to go with Dwarf Val Chain Sag 😁 Love the plant, just hope it doesn't get too tall for my 10.  Right now I have it foreground, but may have to move it to background once it grows out.. BTW, would you recommend I increase the light for the rotala indica?

• Haha 4

Sure fire way to determine if it’s Sag or Val, move it. If it melts back it’s Val. 🤣

About the light. It may be difficult to balance. Are those crypts to the left and a sword in the back? How intense is your lighting currently?

I know the sword prefers higher light (I have a few struggling with my low light setting). You might try turning it up some, but nothing drastic. 

• Haha 1