Massacre guidance please!

Lizard10

Hello this is my first time using the quarantine trio. I have been having some loss of (7 out of 8 originally)neon tetras and (4 out of 8 originally)celestial pearl danios since I purchased them noticed white patches on skin. In the same 29g tank are 2 amano shrimp, mystery snail and 8 Pygmy cories. Today is the send day of mr medication for whole tank. Which is now extremely cloudy and I have only two neon tetras, two celestial pearl danios, and about 2 Pygmy barely holding on. Is this typical?! The tank has been running since January.

6 minutes ago, Lizard10 said:

Hello this is my first time using the quarantine trio. I have been having some loss of (7 out of 8 originally)neon tetras and (4 out of 8 originally)celestial pearl danios since I purchased them noticed white patches on skin. In the same 29g tank are 2 amano shrimp, mystery snail and 8 Pygmy cories. Today is the send day of mr medication for whole tank. Which is now extremely cloudy and I have only two neon tetras, two celestial pearl danios, and about 2 Pygmy barely holding on. Is this typical?! The tank has been running since January.

Very sorry to hear. We've all been there before. Here's how to think about this: even if you lose all your fish, try to learn what happened, and add that knowledge to your base for the future. You noticed "white patches on skin." This sounds like possibly Ich. It is a parasite, and can be hard to resolve once it gets too far along. Typically, we change water (be sure to use treatment for tap water). We gravel vac when we do that, because Ich tomatoes can live in substrate, and we use Ich-X exactly as prescribed.

If the sickness is caused by something else . . . then properly diagnosing because key. Can you upload any photos of your sick fish? Or can you find photos online of sick fish that look like yours do now / or did before they died? 

15 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

Very sorry to hear. We've all been there before. Here's how to think about this: even if you lose all your fish, try to learn what happened, and add that knowledge to your base for the future. You noticed "white patches on skin." This sounds like possibly Ich. It is a parasite, and can be hard to resolve once it gets too far along. Typically, we change water (be sure to use treatment for tap water). We gravel vac when we do that, because Ich tomatoes can live in substrate, and we use Ich-X exactly as prescribed.

If the sickness is caused by something else . . . then properly diagnosing because key. Can you upload any photos of your sick fish? Or can you find photos online of sick fish that look like yours do now / or did before they died? 

These fish have definitely gone threw it all barely survived the winter storm here in Texas. Only the pearl danios had the white patches. Once I do a water change do I added meds again or wait it out? I have well water and I’ve had no problems with my guppies so this is all throwing me for a whirl.image.jpeg.33c789fcb139d6f551fe074b122e548e.jpeg

2564FAAC-13F5-4B69-ADC1-6CF246316A95.jpeg

Edited by Lizard10
Added photo

1 hour ago, Lizard10 said:

These fish have definitely gone threw it all barely survived the winter storm here in Texas. Only the pearl danios had the white patches. Once I do a water change do I added meds again or wait it out? I have well water and I’ve had no problems with my guppies so this is all throwing me for a whirl.image.jpeg.33c789fcb139d6f551fe074b122e548e.jpeg

2564FAAC-13F5-4B69-ADC1-6CF246316A95.jpeg

Hmm . . . this _doesn't_ look like Ich to me (see photo below). Something else. Maybe . . . Fungal . . . Cotton wool disease maybe . . .

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 12.05.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 12.06.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 12.06.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 12.07.02 AM.png

11 hours ago, Fish Folk said:

Hmm . . . this _doesn't_ look like Ich to me (see photo below). Something else. Maybe . . . Fungal . . . Cotton wool disease maybe . . .

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 12.05.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 12.06.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 12.06.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 12.07.02 AM.png

Looks like columnaris also known as cotton mouth I would treat with kanaplex and furan 2 it's a gram negative bacterial infection@Lizard10

Edited by Colu