Introducing myself :)

Benya

Hey! Just want to introduce myself. My name is Ben, and im a fellow fish nerd. I love aquascaping and all fish that can live their lives in a 20g tank and under. I keep several species of dwarf cichlids, including German blue rams, Bolivian rams, apisto orange flash cac, apisto fire red, apisto borelli blue and opal, as well as apisto sp D37. Although I keep a lot of dwarf cichlids, my main love is for plecos and corydoras. I currently keep/have kept about 15 species of plecos, some of which are the l-046 zebra, king tiger, stardust, green dragon long fin  bn, and snowball. As for corydoras, I have kept/am keeping over 25 species. Some of these species include C. 121, C. Eques, Orange Lazer(cw0010), C. Septentrionalis, C. Duplicareus, and C. Shultzei. My favorite are the zebra and the eques!! I have 18 tanks right now, 12 of which are breeding tanks. I am more than happy to share anything I know, but I am mostly here to learn from all of you. Thank you for having me!

002B1383-C062-42AB-8B2F-28FC2AADB4D3.jpeg

D0FC7F49-F036-4573-A32F-F49DCFACAE62.jpeg

2DA77316-40EA-453A-B757-86C33B233073.jpeg

3D9B6403-3E8A-4466-977D-EE8F7DF3487F.jpeg

A5F34A88-2EF1-425A-A863-15F2F8EF780E.jpeg

8F0DFBFF-F8E9-4A48-AD1C-B73F65F0CE5E.jpeg

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Benya said:

Hey! Just want to introduce myself. My name is Ben, and im a fellow fish nerd. I love aquascaping and all fish that can live their lives in a 20g tank and under. I keep several species of dwarf cichlids, including German blue rams, Bolivian rams, apisto orange flash cac, apisto fire red, apisto borelli blue and opal, as well as apisto sp D37. Although I keep a lot of dwarf cichlids, my main love is for plecos and corydoras. I currently keep/have kept about 15 species of plecos, some of which are the l-046 zebra, king tiger, stardust, green dragon long fin  bn, and snowball. As for corydoras, I have kept/am keeping over 25 species. Some of these species include C. 121, C. Eques, Orange Lazer(cw0010), C. Septentrionalis, C. Duplicareus, and C. Shultzei. My favorite are the zebra and the eques!! I have 18 tanks right now, 12 of which are breeding tanks. I am more than happy to share anything I know, but I am mostly here to learn from all of you. Thank you for having me!

002B1383-C062-42AB-8B2F-28FC2AADB4D3.jpeg

D0FC7F49-F036-4573-A32F-F49DCFACAE62.jpeg

2DA77316-40EA-453A-B757-86C33B233073.jpeg

3D9B6403-3E8A-4466-977D-EE8F7DF3487F.jpeg

A5F34A88-2EF1-425A-A863-15F2F8EF780E.jpeg

8F0DFBFF-F8E9-4A48-AD1C-B73F65F0CE5E.jpeg

Hey there, welcome to the forum! Those tanks of yours look awesome! I too am a fellow Corydoras enthusiast. Though as of yet I only have been able to get my hands on the more common species.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isaac M said:

Hi Ben! Welcome, you have some Incredible aquariums! The heavily planted tank that appears to be a 20 gallon long looks amazing! Your fish look really healthy as well. Are you currently breeding any of the corydoras? 

Thank you so much for all your kind words! The 20 long is my favorite tank. And yes I am! I currently have some c. Melini babies I’m raising up and I am hoping for some Septentrionalis eggs soon!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CorydorasEthan said:

Hey there, welcome to the forum! Those tanks of yours look awesome! I too am a fellow Corydoras enthusiast. Though as of yet I only have been able to get my hands on the more common species.

Thank you so much and that’s awesome! Hopefully you’ll be able to get your hands on some harder to find ones soon!

• Like 1

Just now, Isaac M said:

@Benya that is awesome! What do you do to trigger them to spawn? I want to breed some sterbai corys that I have. 

That is a million dollar question haha. I sadly don’t have any for sure triggers, but from what I’ve seen, they seem to want to do their thing most after a couple of weeks of heavy feeding followed by a larger water change. I’ll update potential triggers as I breed more 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Isaac M said:

@Benya haha yeah it is, I have been feeding mine freeze dried tubifex worms so I am going to continue with that and see what happens. Sounds good! I look forward to your updates! 

I haven’t tried tubifex worms, I mostly use black worms, brine shrimp, blood worms, and krill. Let me know how they work out for you! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CalmedByFish said:

I enjoy seeing people become aware of what makes them happiest, and hone in on it. 🙂 

Welcome. 

Thank you! And yes, small catfish make me happy, so it’s not very hard to make me happy haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1