You guys think this would be too much for a 10 gallon?

Demobanana

Thought I would ask here, do you guys think I can stock a planted 10 gal with a small honey gourami, some small rasboras (or maybe some neon green tetras? I heard regular neons like a little more space so I'm a bit skeptical.) and a school of pygmy cories? Or would that be too much? I plan to water change a lot btw, however much is necessary without disrupting them too much. Have a Tetra Whisper 40 HOB (which I'm positive probably pumps half the amount of water it advertises) filled to the brim with sponge (quite literally) and a small little sponge filter.

• Like 1

Yeah, really wish I could. But alas, life has dwarven me down to a lowly 10 gallon. Aka my new apartment. Luckily, I know a good friend with a 60 g I could put some of my old fish in to either come back to me one day or live their lives out having the time of their lives. But- I do enjoy 10 gallons purely for the fact they got me interested in pygmy cories. Before I liked the bigger bodied ones and thought the pygmys were just not that good at "being cories" (sifting through the substrate- I know, naive) and not as cute. Until I saw them at my LFS the other day. In that exact moment, I knew I had to have them. And I've been wanting a honey gourami for a while. Anyways, thanks for the advice! And such a quick response too. Love it here. In all honesty, I'm pretty excited because I thought everyone online was going to deeply disapprove of it.

Honey gouramis like to be in groups, so while one would probably be okay alone it's not ideal.  With that in mind, I'd suggest getting 3-5 honey gouramis, a school of Corydoras pygmaeus, and stop there for a while.  If you watch this tank for a while and decide it needs more, and you have room, you could add another school of very small fish (or even better, add more honey gouramis and Corydoras pygmaeus).